Washington DC Wedding Photographer: Stephen Gosling Photography
Good. Because you should! And here’s why;
- It is a great time to get to know your photographer. We’re not just people who constantly have a contraption stuck in front of our face, we’re actually normal people (well, some of us are normal). One reason why most of us do this job is because we love people. We love to photograph people and get to know them. We like to get to know you so that we can make the best pictures of you that we possibly can. And one great way to get to know your photographer is to schedule an engagement session. This way there is only the three of us. No bridesmaids, bestmen, mothers, fathers or uncle bobs who all want to spend time with you. There is just us. Just us; making great pictures.
- These pictures are relaxed! The two of you get to walk around, hold hands, cuddle and kiss. All with your own personal photographer capturing the magic that is your relationship. That last sentence is a little much; I know, but it’s actually all true!
- Engagement portrait make a great guest sign in feature. Whether you have a large print made with a matte for signatures or a sign-in book, it’s a great this for you to keep hold of and read the wonderful things that your guests have to say. And it doesn’t stop there! You can use them for ‘save the dates’, invitations, thank you cards…
Why DC is great for engagement portraits!
- We have monuments! People all over the country, and even the world, know these monuments and pay to come here and visit them on their vacations. But you get to have them on your doorstep all the time. Having photographs made by the monuments is fun and historic all at the same time.
- We not only have monuments, we have beautiful gardens and greenery all over the metro DC area. So if city pic’s aren’t for you; it’s no big deal. We can make DC look rural and that is one of the great parts about this area.
- We have cool museums that let you in (for free). Any they don’t mind if you snap a few pics whilst you’re there.
- We even have some eclectic places close by for those of you who are whimsical at heart; take Glen Echo Park for Example with its host of Art Deco and cute neon signs.
Some of my favourite engagement portrait spots (in no particular order);
- District of Columbia World War I Memorial
- The backside of the United Sates Capitol Building
- Glen Echo Park
- Old Town, Alexandria
And here are some favourite pics!
Whitney & Josh by the Capitol.
Alexandra & Patrick at Glen Echo Park.
Jaimie & Drew at the Lincoln Memorial.
Mavourneen & Mike in Old Town Alexandria.
April & Brendan at Brookside Gardens.
Becca & Kyle at Riverbend Park.
Meghan & Jack at the National Portrait Gallery.
Tiffany & Sean at Red Rock Regional Overlook Park.
Katie & Shaughnessy at the National Arboretum.
So if you fancy having an engagement session, just hit me up and we’ll get you scheduled!